Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Visual Arts
The College of Arts & Creative Enterprises :
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with majors in Animation Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, and Visual Art. It also offers a minor in Curatorial Studies, and a joint degree program, a Bachelor of Science degree in Multimedia Design with the College of Communication and Media Sciences and the College of Technological Innovation.
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises aims to prepare students to become creative leaders in the arts and related industries. Our mission is to provide student artists and designers with an opportunity to explore and develop their own creative ideas while contributing to national initiatives in the culture of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and initiatives of the college that will advocate innovative practices and research.
The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks qualified candidates to teach in the area of Visual Arts with an appointment on the Dubai campus starting August 2019.
Candidates should be flexible and able to teach a variety of media from foundation level to senior studio. The candidate will be teaching primarily courses within Painting and Drawing, but depending on the candidate could include areas of Sculpture, Photography and/or Printmaking. Ideal candidates should have proven professional experience and thorough knowledge of historical and contemporary practices. An interdisciplinary approach to teaching Visual Arts is desirable. The ability to incorporate new technologies, such as digital painting, would be an asset, as would experience with graduate programs.
Applicants must have earned a Doctorate or Master of Fine Arts degree in the appropriate disciplinary area. Experience with graduate programs would be an asset.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will make a valuable contribution to the development of the programs in the College through building relationships and liaising with the local industry and contributing to the Internship Program, as well as support an integrated approach of the curriculum. They will encourage students to consider their future careers within a local, regional and international context and ensure that they are equipped to take up this challenge. The successful candidate should demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and current best practices in the field of Visual Arts. The candidate’s approach and experience in engaging students in visual art tools should be evident within their teaching portfolio – statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work. They would also be expected to teach both introductory (Foundation) and advanced level courses. In addition to teaching, faculty are expected to provide service to the College and to the University; to participate in the development, evaluation and revision of the college curriculum; and actively engage in research activities leading to dissemination of creative activities and/or publications.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching, ideally a minimum of 5 years teaching and 5 years professional experience.
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities.
- A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
- Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and to the College.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach to the application one document containing:
- Cover letter
- Current Curricular Vitae
- A copy of academic degrees and transcripts
- Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly and creative interests
- Sample syllabi
- The names and contact details of three professional references
- Portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student work should be provided as a PDF (up to 8MB) and sent to email@example.com and please reference the job title in the subject heading. If a larger file is required please send a downloadable link such as Dropbox. Video links or a dedicated and reliable website could also be supplied to view the works.