Adjunct Professor in Security and Networking, Interactive Media Technologies, Software Engineering
The College of Technological Innovation (CTI) seeks to produce graduates recognized by business, government, and educational institutions in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Gulf Region, and the rest of the world. It also seeks to develop a strong applied research capacity in emerging technologies directed towards meeting the ICT needs of the UAE and Gulf region. CTI’s academic programs are practical, competency-based, and designed to prepare students for successful careers as Information Technology professionals.
At the undergraduate level, CTI offers a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with concentrations in Security & Network Technologies (ABET/CAC accredited), and Web and Mobile Application Development. CTI also offers a joint program in Multimedia Design (NASAD substantial equivalency status). CTI is also expanding its Bachelor’s programs to include engineering programs in the near future. At the graduate level, CTI offers a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Information Technology with Specialization in Cyber Security.
Currently, CTI has 44 full-time faculty and 1338 students (male and female) seeking majors in the College on its Abu Dhabi and Dubai campuses. To support the expansion of programs, CTI will be substantially expanding its faculty. Successful candidates will enter a dynamic, growing organization.
CTI seeks qualified candidates to fill multiple adjunct faculty positions to teach in the areas of: Security and Network Technologies, Interactive Multimedia Technologies and Software Engineering beginning Fall 2019 (August 2019).
Applicants must have at least a Master’s degree at the time of appointment from an internationally accredited university in:
- Security and Networking - Information Security Management, Digital Forensics, Network Security, Computer Networking, Computer Engineering, Communication;
- Interactive Multimedia Technologies – Digital Media, Computer Graphics, Game Design, Information Science, Software Engineering;
- Software Engineering – Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Digital Media.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate a strong record of teaching excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Security and Networking - information/cyber security, ethical hacking, digital forensics, intrusion detection systems, network and internet security, wireless and mobile security, computer networking, telecommunications, wireless networks.
- Interactive Multimedia Technologies - Interactive/Digital Media Technologies, Game Development, Multimedia, Computer Graphics and Animation, Human Computer Interaction, Web Development, Mobile Computing, Cloud Computing;
- Software Engineering – Programming (Java and/or Python), Web programming, App programming.
As the faculty is also expected to actively engage in various college and university activities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
In addition to completing the online application form, please attach the following:
- Cover letter that should state the discipline area
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned copies of degrees
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- The names and contact details of three professional references.
For any inquiry about the position, please email the Chair of the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until all positions are filled. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.