Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical Engineering
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- To conduct thorough literature review of high speed modulators suitable for data centers
- To build a CMOS Receiver operating at 100Gb/s (PAM4) for Nanophotonic Links in Data Centers
- To carry out layout and post layout simulations of the Receiver
- To measure the silicon
- To integrate CMOS transceivers with photonic devices in GF 45nm technology
- Design, simulate and layout high speed transceiver circuits for fabrication
- Measure fabricated chips
- Attend weekly and quarterly meetings with external collaborators
- File patents for novel ideas
- Supervision of Master and PhD students.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Strong technical knowledge and preferably research experience in analog circuit design with emphasis on Broadband, RF, mm-Wave circuit designs and characterization of such systems; Practical knowledge of high-speed transceiver circuit design; Experience with circuit design software tools (Cadence) and EM simulation tools; Highly motivated and organized with very good experimental and theoretical skills; Very good oral and written skills in English
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly