Senior Information Technology Laboratory Architect
The College of Technological Innovation Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior IT Lab Architect.This role requires project management, leadership skills and experience in delivering academic technological services on-time and with high client satisfaction. This includes providing technical and functional support for administrative and academic program of the CTI Lab from conception to production operations and support: scope, schedule, risk, quality, client expectations/satisfaction and team management.
The job requires in the management, maintenance and procurement of laboratory resources and functions in diverse technical areas:
Manage and oversee Cisco equipment for Cisco Networking Academy Program. Manage special hardware and software to implement solutions for Advance Digital Forensic Research Laboratory. Manage SAP services for teaching and supporting Information Systems & Technology Management program.
Plan, procure and implement specialized labs for IT courses: Multimedia, Security, Networking, Database, Operating System, Digital Forensics, Wireless Sensor Networks/Internet of Things and Hardware/Software. Coordinate with faculty on plans and requirements of labs on a semester basis. Provide technical support and guidance to students on trouble-shooting and the use of technology. Assist faculty in the classroom during lab component of courses.
Work with the Dean on yearly laboratory budget preparation for the lab equipment, specification and acquisition.
- Oversees and coordinates all academic technology systems, services and laboratories, including systems/network management, and expenditure of laboratories allocated budget for both undergraduate and graduate laboratories.
- Develops and plans yearly budget provision, upgrade proposals and proactively participates in college strategic planning.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates lab technicians and student lab assistants.
- Evaluate, implement and manage servers, networks and applications to support the College’s curriculum within the College’s network.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of lab technicians and student lab assistants, and provides counseling, guidance and technical recommendations as needed.
- Develops and sets policies and procedures related to lab operation, functionality and upgrade.
- Assesses and implements computing resources enhancements and upgrades and proactively develops and embeds new technologies.
- Develops and proposes technology-related procurement recommendations and evaluations. Set technical specifications, and produce technical evaluation reports.
- Acts as a technical and professional expert in the college and facilitates advance training and counseling to faculty and students on current and emerging technologies.
- Proactively provides the Dean with provisions and innovative solutions of up to date technology materials and equipment towards the improvement of laboratories infrastructure and technology resources.
- Proactively engages in planning and coordinating college events including conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Actively liaises and coordinates with vendors to streamline the procurement processes as well as the maintenance operations of the procured equipment.
- Actively liaises and coordinates with IT, CPDS and Contracts & Procurement departments on matters including computing infrastructure, product specifications, tenders technical evaluations and CTI lab/office facility infrastructure.
- Actively liaises and coordinates with counterparts in Abu Dhabi to ensure lab infrastructure and program integrity, and to facilitate and enhance the vision and goals of technology implementation.
- Controls and maintains inventory of all CTI lab equipment, maintenance and warranty contracts, software licenses. Coordinates with ITD for disposal of obsolete equipment.
- Liaises on technical level with organizations of special academic programs including Microsoft MSDNAA, EC-Council, SAP, and Cisco Networking Academy Programs.
- Fulfills the role of Cisco Networking Academy Main Legal Contact and Curriculum Lead roles, and coordinates with the Cisco Networking Academy Program Liaison in planning, promoting, implementing and supporting the “IT Professional Development Program”.
- Bachelors’ degree in IS, MIS, CS, IT or EE/CS with a minimum experience of 7 years in the field or an equivalent combination education, skills or experience.
- Professional experience in an academic environment/institute of higher education.
- Extensive knowledge of IT and experience in Implementing and Supporting Academic Technical Services.
- Experience in System, Network and Database Administration
- Knowledge of various operating system platforms
- Relevant industry certifications (or willingness to complete such certifications with college support) for supporting industry academic programs such as CCNA, SAP, Red Hat, A+, A++, etc is desirable.
- Experience facilitating Technology Training
- Administrative and management skills to translate plans into reality.
- Supervisory experience and skills
- Fluent in English. (Arabic an asset)
The Benefits ?
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing allowance, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members. ?
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.