Director, Institute of Community Engagement
Zayed University is seeking an experienced academic professional to assume leadership of its services to the community engagement functions including continuing and professional education, training, and service learning. These are managed by the Institute for Community Engagement (ICE). The Director will provide leadership and strategic vision for ICE and its future development. Reporting to the senior management and the Vice President, the Director will be expected to demonstrate vision and judgment in managing the affairs of ICE and in working with colleges, faculty, senior university administrators and the community.
- Builds, manages, and leads the University’s professional development services to the community as the holder provides strategic vision and innovative leadership in professional development services.
- Develops, prepares and analyzes ICE budgets and maintains fiscal quality control
- Recommends policies and procedures necessary to enhance the operation of ICE
- Works with the colleges’ deans or their designees to recruit qualified and capable Zayed University faculty to deliver the continuing education programs
- Recruits distinguished national and international lecturers and trainers to deliver the programs
- Supports the development of high-quality continuing education, professional development, and community-needs oriented programs
- Serves as a key advisor to the Deans in matters relating to professional development services and ZU policies and programs
- Maintains a positive, collaborative relationship with advisors, committees, volunteers, and external organizations
- Develops community support by participation in various civic and community organizations
- Represents ICE at appropriate functions, meetings, and committees as directed
- Perform related duties as required.
- Minimum PhD Degree in Business Administration, Higher Education Management, Public Administration, social science or any other related degree and at least five+ years of senior management experience
- All degrees must be from a regionally or international accredited institution.
- Must have business acumen and a clear understanding of business needs.
- Demonstrated experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Preference to bilingual competencies in English and Arabic languages.
The Benefits ?
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members. ?
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.