Academic Administrator, Assessments
Closing date: 16/07/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Law School -Law School
This role will be based in London Waterloo & Holborn
Members of the Law School Academic Administrator (Assessments) team will work together with the Director of Law School Delivery, the Programme Support Manager (Assessments) and the Senior Programme Support Officer to ensure that all Law School assessment related administrative support processes are properly set up and aligned across all programmes.
The work of the Programme Support team is organised into four broad areas of responsibility, focusing on the following aspects of the student journey:
Each area of responsibility is managed by a Programme Support Manager with support from Senior Programme Support Officers. The Academic Administration team will be managed by the Programme Support Manager (Assessments) with support from a Senior Programme Support Officer.
The core elements of the work the team will undertake are set out at the end of this job description however the team may be required to work flexibly across the three other areas of responsibility as determined by the Programme Support Managers to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
Core Responsibilities of an Academic Administrator (Assessments) (including but not limited to):
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative assessment support processes to work within a dedicated delivery team.
- Acting as first point of contact for all student queries related to the administration of their examinations during their period of study at BPP University.
- Providing administrative support for the conduct of Examination Boards.
- Assisting with the processing and recording of deferral of assessments and assessment extension applications, and liaising with EAO to ensure the same are properly recorded in students’ records
- Ensuring that processes are in place to communicate with and manage Learning Support students on assessment days and that accurate records are maintained.
- Liaising with EAO and advising on projected student numbers for assessment sits.
- Dealing with student queries following the release of exam results around progression, completion and withdrawal and exam feedback
- Assisting with the preparation for and smooth running of External Examiner visits
- Ensuring accurate student records are maintained including achievement and progression.
- Assisting with assessment administration including, for example, script organisation and allocation, arithmetical checking, script-to schedule checks, photocopying scripts for external examiners (where required).
- Invigilating assessments as and when required.
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary (e.g. IT, SRO, EAO)
- Assisting with the set-up of oral and skills assessments (including mocks) across all Law School programmes.
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and support processes to allow flexible working across the areas of responsibility, as required.
- Generally to assist the Law School Programme Support Team to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
- Other administrative support activities as and when required by the Law School.
For details of the role requirements please refer to the full job description