Personal Assistant/Project Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
- Use your high level administrative and organisational skills in supporting key faculty processes and providing executive support to the Associate Dean Research
- Total remuneration AUD $93,236 to $100,192
- Full time continuing appointment located at North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Education and Arts (FEA) comprises two National Schools – the National School of Education and the National School of Arts and is recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in teacher education and educational leadership and for its rapidly rising profile in the humanities and social sciences. Operating across eight different campuses nationally and our Rome campus in Italy, the Faculty is home to a lively, multicultural community of more than 12,000 students and offers an engaging program of teaching and research for students and staff.
The National School of Education is the largest provider of initial teacher education in Australia with a strong reputation for its high quality, work-ready graduates. Adding to its traditional strengths in early childhood, primary and secondary initial teacher education, the National School of Education’s disciplines reflect key strengths in the areas of early childhood, mathematics and literacy education, the arts, science and technology, educational studies, teacher professional practice, assessment, educational leadership, religious education, Indigenous education, and wellbeing and inclusive education.
In this role you will provide administrative support and advice to the Faculty, principally supporting the Associate Dean Research (ADR). Duties include: executive support to the ADR and a range of faculty committees, project management of research related activities and progressing workflows associated with the Office of the ADR.
You will need to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or demonstrated experience in a position with similar responsibilities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, deal with multiple and urgent priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and personal judgment
- High level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders of the organisation, both internal and external whilst maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Live ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrate confidence and courage in achieving ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values by connecting the purpose of one’s work to ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values.Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Keep stakeholder interests at the core of ACU business decisions and ACU service excellence as a top priority
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels and with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, whilst maintaining discretion and confidentiality, to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Previous experience in a similar role or in a tertiary institution. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of procedures and operations in a tertiary institution. (Desirable)
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality we offer leading practice parental leave entitlements for both men and women, flexible work options and a range of generous leave options to assist with work-life balance.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $93,236 - $100,192 total remuneration pa, including salary component $78,786 - $84,664 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Suba Vaasan by email Suba.Vaasan@acu.edu.au
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 24 July 2019 at 11:55pm AEDT
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.