Associate Professor in Nursing
- Deliver significant quality improvements of nursing programs and mentorship of staff in learning, teaching, research and scholarship.
- Academic Level D total remuneration valued between $165,130 - $181,771 pa
- Full-time continuing position available at our St Patrick’s Campus in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU is a recognised nationwide leader in health sciences education and prides itself on the quality of its programs and its graduates. The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels, and student course experience evaluation over several years.
As Associate Professor in Nursing you will:
- provide leadership and make outstanding original contributions to learning and teaching, scholarship and research relevant to the discipline of nursing
- make substantial contribution in the leadership and the governance of academic nursing programs, build relationships with external organisations and communities
- lead and deliver significant quality improvements to the undergraduate and / or post graduate nursing programs
- provide mentorship of School staff in the learning and teaching activity and related scholarship
- contribute to the development, implementation and accreditation of the nursing curricula at the Australian Catholic University.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a doctoral qualification in nursing or related discipline and eligibility for registration with AHPRA
- strong academic learning and teaching profile in higher education
- significant contribution in leading curriculum development, course implementation and evaluation
- leadership experience in higher education by holding academic governance roles within a School, Faculty, University or external stakeholder organisation
- experience in discipline specific research leading to scholarly publications and success in attracting competitive research funding and / or other funding sources
- Success in the supervision of Honours and HDR students to completion.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description, as well as indicating if they are applying for a full-time or part-time role. To apply please click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $165,130 - $181,771 pa, including salary component $139,902 - $154,125 pa (Academic Classification Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Alicia Evans, Head, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine VIC on (03 9953 3187) or via email to email@example.com
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 30 August 2019