Administrator, ERC_CZ Project
Deadline 8 Aug 2019
Start date 1 October 2019
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position
Administrator – ERC_CZ Project
Full-time 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
- The Department of Art History at the Masaryk University is seeking to make a five year- term appointment for a full-time Administrator. This post is part of the project ERC_CZ project ‘Becoming Radical? Visual Arts, Rituals, Performance and Conversion in the Early Christian Initiation (4th–6th centuries)’. The post will support a research team consisting of sevent Research Fellows and the Principal Investigator, Professor Ivan Foletti.
- The Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day administration, including maintaining correspondence, record keeping (including the time sheets required by the ERC_CZ), travel and accommodation bookings, purchasing, website maintenance and organisation of meetings. The post will also support the team on events and workshops as required.
Main Duties :
- To be responsible for organising and maintaining records for the project, including time sheets as required by the ERC_CZ.
- To assist the Principal Investigator and Research Fellows in running the Project and associated activities. This will include dealing with routine Project correspondence as well as providing the first draft of responses to nonstandard correspondence for the Project team.
- To organise schedules, travel and accommodation for the Project team and project partners
- To undertake required purchasing for the team, image reproductions, where required.
- Ensuring compliance with ERC requirements on purchasing and reporting.
- To organise events including sourcing external suppliers, booking rooms, ordering refreshments, collating lists of attendees, reproducing materials, drafting publicity materials and ensuring approved publicity materials are ordered and distributed.
- To publicise the work of the project through the maintaining and updating of details on the website (training on the UoB web system can be provided) and other media and maintaining the social media profile of the Project.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time by the Project team and the Manager for the Research and Development Office of the Rector´s Office.
Person Specification and requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to produce documentation to a very high standard with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of providing independent administrative support to projects/ teams in a Higher Education environment, preferably research related administration.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Good interpersonal skills including proven ability to interact with others and to work well in a team.
- Experience of servicing meetings.
- Experience of making travel/ event arrangements
- Experience of finance processes.
- Ability to resolve routine problems.
- Experience of budget monitoring
- Experience of web editing.
Applicants should submit:
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- degree documents
Application with all required documents should be sent by e-application available below. Electronic application deadline is: August 8, 2019.