Assistant Athletics Director, Equipment Services
Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER)
Business Title: Assistant Athletics Director, Equipment Services
University Title: Facilities Services Manager 1
Job Code/Grade/Classification: 4361/I/Exempt
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 123 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER) is seeking applications for the full-time position of Assistant Athletics Director, Equipment Services. Reporting to the Executive Associate Athletics Director & CFO, the Assistant Athletics Director, Equipment Services will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Equipment Room supporting 36 varsity sports.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage equipment ordering, storage, distribution, maintenance and disposal for 36 varsity programs
- Manage the relationship with apparel vendor Nike, including assigning initial allocations, communicating with coaches around ordering deadlines, and processing orders and returns placed by coaches
- Maintain inventory records of all athletic equipment using the inventory management software
- Act as facility manager for two adjacent primary equipment room facilities (Football Equipment Room and Olympic Sports Equipment Room) as well as two satellite equipment room facilities (in the Basketball Arena and the Baseball Stadium)
- Oversee and manage the laundry facilities in all equipment rooms
- Oversee and manage the letter award ordering and distribution
- Oversee and manage the department shipping and receiving area
- Work with the Finance office to develop, track and stay within budgets and ensure all procurement procedures are correctly followed
- Supervise 6 full-time staff to assist in the above responsibilities, including the Director, Football Equipment and Director, Olympic Sports Equipment positions
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions; ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Experience and skills working independently and as part of a team
- Supervisory experience
- The ability to work flexible and irregular hours and travel, including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of athletic equipment and its proper use and experience with athletic laundry
- Experience with Nike GAMEDAY or competitor company and their online ordering system
- Experience with inventory control systems
- AEMA (Athletic Equipment Manager’s Association) certification
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4361
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I