Research Assistant, Khalifa University Center for Autonomous Robotic System
Organization Name Khalifa University Center for Autonomous Robotic System
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Prepare UAV systems (DJI 450 quadcopter) for National Service Associates (NSAs) training program
- Build, assemble and fix UAV systems and commissions them for operation
- Build UAV electronic components and assembles them when necessary
- Train NSAs on how to maintain, organize and prepare UAV systems and related items for safe storage and operation
- Train and supervise NSAs on how to safely fly drones and recover from failures safely
- Document outcomes from flight tests using the lab standards
- Pilot UAV systems and insures that safe flight parameters are followed at all times
- Cover any tasks related NSA training program and MBZIRC2020 within his expertise.
- Building, assembling and fixing UAV multirotor systems
- Expertise in commissioning UAV multirotor systems for operation
- Ability to assemble UAV electronic components and to do soldering for electronic components
- Flying (Certified pilot) UAVs and recover them from failures safely
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?