Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Component and system level understanding of electric vehicle components, especially the powertrain system
- A background in evolutionary optimization methods such as Genetic Algorithm or Particle Swarm
- Practical knowledge of energy conversion systems and power electronics
- Experience infinite Element Analysis software especially ANSYS Maxwell
- Experience in design of printed circuit boards, interfacing controller with power circuit, testing and trouble shooting
PhD in Electrical Engineering from a reputable university
Excellent knowledge of MATLAB and FEA software packages such as ANSYS Maxwell
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?