Senior Coordinator, Research Integrity and Governance
7 days left
- Full Time
- Full-time, ongoing position
- Support the delivery of research excellence across RMIT
- Attractive Salary + 17% Superannuation + Flexible Working Arrangements
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The Universitys mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, quality teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students, getting them ready for life and work. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
RMITs Research and Innovation Portfolio supports researchers to help shape the world. The portfolio has an engaged, energetic, hardworking and collaborative team focused on enabling excellent research and innovation outcomes. With a global presence, community and industry connections, we support cutting-edge research and careers that make a positive impact on communities.
The Senior Coordinator, Research Integrity and Governance is responsible for supporting research integrity at RMIT, this includes related policy and procedures, projects, education and training activities and continuous improvement initiatives. The position also provides high level subject matter expertise to the RMIT research community and support to related committees, networks and working groups.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and understanding of research integrity principles, responsibilities and practices, as well as related governance, asset out in Australian and international codes, guides, statutes and regulations and institutional policy.
- Support and provide specific technical and procedural advice, on research integrity and governance policy, procedures and processes, to RMIT researchers, R&I staff and research related governance structures across the University. This will involve providing high-level written and verbal advice.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Ethics and Integrity, and other stakeholders, support the management and resolution of potential breaches of research integrity and related disputes and non-compliances. This includes gathering of relevant information and facts, as well as preparing correspondence on findings and outcomes and related communications.
- Support the development, refinement and implementation of research integrity and governance related policy, procedures and processes at RMIT, including contributing to consultations, projects, activities and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support the development and rollout of research integrity education, training and resources, in consultation with the Principal Research Integrity Advisor and other partners.
- Be a positive change influencer and advocate for service excellence and continuous improvement across R&I.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, influencing and communication skills including the ability to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the university and externally to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Highly developed business writing skills with experience in producing correspondence, project plans, business cases, policy documents, briefing papers and other governance documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in the provision of governance and/or secretariat support for research related committees, preferably in a tertiary research environment.
- High level of commitment to service excellence and resilience, including a preparedness to persist with outstanding issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as autonomously and to show initiative, with an emphasis on client service and continuous improvement.
A relevant post graduate qualification and substantial relevant work experience. Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to free wellness & fitness classes
- MYKI pass discount
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your experience by clicking on the 'Apply now link. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below.
Applications close on Wednesday 24 July at 11:55 pm.
We kindly request that we are not accepting agency enquiries for this role
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.