Senior Gift Governance Officer
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $80,756 - $92,957 per annum plus 17% Superannuation Terms: Full time, Continuing
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Gift Governance Officer to join the Advancement Services team at the Australian National University.
Our ideal candidate is influential, positive, motivated and proactive, has an organised approach, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders across multiple divisions.
Experience in gift governance, compliance and implementation a higher education Advancement or not-for-profit setting is desirable. An understanding of measuring the impact of giving, including monitoring of financial activities, such as expenditure and investments also be an advantage.
- Professional and collaborative work environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages
- 17% Superannuation Contributions Annual Leave Loading
- Salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, technology, childcare and more
- Christmas to New Year leave in addition to Annual Leave
- Parking on campus that is less expensive than city parking
As a member of the Advancement Services team at ANU Advancement, the Senior Gift Governance Officer is responsible to promote and advocate for the effective implementation of gift funds in support of research, students (including scholarships & prizes), and other strategic priorities across the University, ensuring expenditure and investments are in line with fund purpose and that the impact of giving is captured.
The Senior Gift Governance Officer will contribute to the establishment of a robust framework for the implementation of the gift funds of the University, including the development of templates, policies and procedures that support the effective stewardship of the donors through capturing the impact of their giving.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promotion of the effective implementation of gift funds in support of research, students (including scholarships & prizes), and other strategic priorities across the University
- Liaison with fundraisers, fund delegates and college based finance staff
- Capturing the impact of giving
- Development of fund purpose statements and other best practice processes and documentation to support the establishment and ongoing implementation of gift funds
- Providing a high level of client service, including managing enquiries and communicating effective about gift funds both internally and externally
You will play an important role in collaborating with key stakeholders and contribute to the strategic direction of activities to promote the effective implementation of gift funds. Your ability to liaise with professional and academic staff, donors and students and to form strong and cooperative working relationships across ANU and with external stakeholders will underpin your success in this position.
If you are passionate about the impact of higher education and enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
For further information please contact Kay Connell, E: email@example.com or T: (02) 6125 9010
Closing date: 28 July 2019
Position description: Senior Gift Governance Officer ANUO67.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.