Deputy Director, Admissions
7 days left
- Full Time
- Exciting opportunity to lead and improve the Admissions function at The University
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full-time, continuing HEO 9 salary package, $141K p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Operating within a high volume and complex service environment, the Deputy Director, Admissions will work under the broad direction of the Director of Admissions, working collaboratively with stakeholders across Faculties and Professional Services Units to continuously improve Admissions related processes. The incumbent will apply significant knowledge and experience to focus on the implementation of evidence-based approaches and continuous improvement approaches to support the efficient, effective and compliant delivery of admissions functions.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Deputy Director, Admissions who:
- can demonstrate experience in leading a large, high volume, high performing Admissions team or similar
- has demonstrated experience in developing staff competency frameworks, staff development initiatives and pipelining, motivating and mentoring teams to achieve their best
- has demonstrated knowledge of the sector to support their ability to develop best practice, process improvement
- is an effective communicator and influencer across large and complex organisations.
- has strong analytical skills with the ability to create insights from significant data sets and provide recommendations to stakeholders.
The Admissions team leads the strategic direction, development, management and implementation of the University’s admissions plan and delivers on the University’s key objective to admit the most talented students and to deliver student numbers that drive institutional revenue to meet targets and budget requirements. This includes strategies across all areas; undergraduate, postgraduate, domestic and international to ensure that appropriately qualified international and domestic students are admitted to the University. The team includes staff with specialised admissions, compliance, policy and systems expertise. The University of Sydney receives in excess of 90,000 direct applications each year and over 75,000 preferences through the Universities Admissions Centre.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1246/0619C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 22 July 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.