The Administrative Assistant will perform complex administrative and clerical assistance to the Office of Technology Transfer and Corporate Partnerships (OTTCP). The successful candidate will provide general administrative assistance to the Manager, Patents & Compliance Administration, Manager, Patent & Licensing Administration, and Licensing Professionals.
- Assist in maintenance of records and data entry in the Patent Utilization Technology Transfer Database.
- Prepare and file documents with the United States Patent and Trademark office.
- File patent/license documents, create new files, and prepare correspondence to licensees, sponsors, and attorneys.
- Answer/direct/screen phone calls, manage calendars, and coordinate meetings.
- Greet and welcome visitors.
- Process and reconcile purchasing cards, petty cash forms, reimbursements, TechMart requisitions including resolving issues associated with invoices and purchases.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Purchase, organize, and maintain office and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain kitchen and conference areas.
- Schedule and setup webinars and video conferences.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Must have excellent organizations skills as person will need to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work efficiently in an evolving environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and work as a team with the OTTCP staff.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential.
- Previous Caltech experience or experience working in academic or technology transfer setting.
- Database, Outlook, calendaring, and purchasing software experience.
- Three professional references