Teaching Associate, Supporting Computer-based Learning
Division/School School of Geographical Sciences
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary £33,199 - £37,345 per annum
Closing date for applications 07-Aug-2019
The School of Geographical Sciences invites applications for a Teaching Associate (salary range £33,199 - £37,345) to provide support in computer-related aspects of the school’s postgraduate and undergraduate teaching programmes.
The role holder will provide support in the use of various software packages and programming languages for our taught students. Contexts in which this support is provided include the following:
- demonstration during scheduled computer-based practical classes.
- support of group-based data-analysis projects.
- surgery-style support sessions for students undertaking dissertation projects.
- bespoke training events for software packages and/or programming languages.
Support is centred around the following programming languages, operating systems and software packages
- Geographical Information Systems (ArcGIS and potentially QGIS).
- R statistical computing package, components related to data manipulation, linear modelling, spatial analysis and mapping.
- Python programming language.
- both Linux and Windows 10 operating systems.
The role holder will contribute to the design and assessment of taught units and may take responsibility for some aspects of the management of teaching.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.