Department: Advancement and Public Affairs
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: 26 July 2019
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed when received, and the position is open until filled. Prompt applications are encouraged.
The incumbent will be responsible for researching and following up with high net worth individuals as well as corporate potential donors who could support the programmes of UCA. One of the key roles of the Officer is to encourage senior staff and faculty in developing attractive gift opportunities and fundraising proposals to garner support for capital investments, on-going academic programmes, new initiatives, annual giving, and alumni contributions.
The Officer will also help in establishing an on-going dialogue and communication with existing and potential donors; and effectively track fundraising pledges, collections, and acknowledgement of gifts.
In addition to responsibilities related to resource mobilization, this position requires the incumbent to have an in-depth understanding of communication and marketing techniques to effectively create awareness and cultivate a broad range of potential donors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Advancement Manager in developing and achieving fundraising goals, strategies, plans and objectives for potential donors in Central Asia.
- Identify prospects and develop strategies to cultivate and solicit major gifts from corporations, and high net worth individuals.
- Prepare fundraising proposals and gift opportunities for solicitating donations from existing as well as new prospects.
- Identify and analyze information pertinent to the development of relationships with potential individual donors and corporations.
- Prepare and present fund-raising status reports to University officials.
- Develop and administer recognition policies, and establish on-going dialogue and communication with existing and potential donors.
- Maintain an effective programme of communication and stewardship for all donors and prospects.
- Organize events on campus and elsewhere to showcase key programmes and achievements of UCA, with the objective of creating awareness and seeking donor support.
- Establish systems for the effective tracking of fundraising drives, pledges, collections, acknowledgement of gifts, and timely collection of pledges.
- Cultivate relationships with Central Asian and international media to give UCA greater regional and global exposure.
- Other duties as assigned by the Advancement Manager and the Director of Advancement and Public Affairs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, public relations, fundraising, government, or other germane fields.
- Previous fundraising experience is desirable.
- The ability to motivate and engage with potential donors and ensure effective follow up.
- Maturity and ability to work with senior persons including UCA’s management team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills.
- Fundraising and communications for an innovative institution like UCA requires the ability to think creatively, and a strong commitment to the mission and objectives of the University.
- Fluency in English, Russian and the national language.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Fundraising Officer”. Applications will be reviewed when received, and the position is open until filled. Prompt applications are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.