Senior Graphic Designer
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world. Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) is looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer. As Senior Designer, you will be responsible for evolving and communicating the GSB’s brand through creative marketing communications to ensure alignment and consistency with the GSB mission. You should be a strategic thinker, love creating and executing a holistic visual brand strategy across multiple channels, and like to work both independently to lead strategic projects as well as closely collaborate with a broad variety of stakeholders. Under the guidance of the Creative Director (Associate Director, Creative), you will manage multiple projects, both big and small, and help train and task contractors. Our ideal candidate has superb creative, organizational, and interpersonal skills and uses a multi-channel approach to devise and execute creative strategy and initiatives.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Independently develop and manage complex, highly creative projects involving abstract or technical content requiring extensive subject matter/client knowledge.
- Play an active role in planning and advising clients to produce highly creative work within the time and cost constraints of client.
- Provide creative vision, direction and design for complex projects. Determine overall themes for multi-faceted projects as well as individual design concepts.
- Coordinate production process; develop and write printing and/or other production specification, and select appropriate production media and materials.
- Perform complex design across a variety of platforms using job-required software applications and in-depth knowledge of principles and practices of visual communications.
- Partner with and influence clients and key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Serve as project leader, may train or provide guidance to less experienced designers.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards, trends and state-of-the-art technology to provide and enhance services.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and five years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, highly creative projects or content requiring extensive subject matter/client knowledge.
- Ability to present portfolio that reflects extensive creative work and project leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of job-required software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively resolve complex problems.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, deadlines, and customer needs.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience leading and training other design staff.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of industry standards, trends, and technical knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4243
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I