Team Manager, International Research Grants
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Salary: $120,638 - $125,514 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Within University Services, Research, Innovation and Commercialisation (RIC)’s vision is to enable our academic researchers to change the world and deliver the University’s research and enterprise mission. Its purpose is to provide expert professional service excellence across the research management lifecycle enabling UOM to a) become the partner of choice for industry, b) manage a vibrant pipeline of opportunities resulting in #1 research income | translation | impact, c) become easy to do business with.
About the role
The Team Manager, International Research Grants is a leadership position in the Major Initiatives, Contracts and Grants (MICG) area of RIC. This role is responsible for leading our work supporting academics to apply for international research funding and increasing the funding for research from international sources. The Team Manager currently reports to the Director of MICG and is also a member of the Research, Innovation and Commercialisation Extended Leadership Team.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent mix of education and relevant experience as well as several years’ experience in management and research grants administration.
- Expert knowledge of international grant funding programs and funding rules, with specific knowledge in relation to US and other overseas funding schemes (e.g., European and UK).
- Experience leading, coaching and developing members of a team and in providing successful service-oriented administration of complex programs.
- Expert planning and organisation skills.
- A detailed understanding of financial compliance and budget requirements associated with international funding agencies.
- An understanding of university environments and culture. Some knowledge of the University’s operating model would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Applications close: 28 Jul 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time