Research Scientist in Chemistry
The Research Scientist will report to Professor Alison Ondrus and is a full time, regular staff assignment. The Research Scientist will technically contribute to ongoing scientific research within the lab.
- Prepares protein samples for crystallographic and conducts biochemical function assays.
- Performs sophisticated data analysis and collaborates with researchers on interpreting results.
- Designs and coordinates experiments to study, investigate, test, and solve relevant problems.
- Collaborates with research groups in developing and testing highly sophisticated systems, and contributes to the development and design of experimental techniques.
- Conducts literature research, produces monthly reports of scientific findings, and presents findings at meetings, scientific organizations or conferences.
- Writes technical reports to summarize findings and make presentations.
- Partners with Principal Investigator on writing and submitting new research proposals.
- Oversees operational aspects of the laboratory including hazardous waste removal, purchasing supplies, and monitoring of compliance with safety standards and policies. Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs instruments.
- PhD degree in chemistry with at least two years postdoctoral experience.
- Experience writing technical papers and making scientific presentations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- A high level of initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and deadlines.