Perform advanced systems analysis work to support a wide variety of business requirements. Capture, model, and map business requirements and use cases. Work with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of quality solutions. Serve as project manager for special projects, as assigned.
- Provide complex systems analysis and recommendations regarding technical implementations.
- Partner with business analysts and subject matter experts to define the appropriate technical solutions.
- Perform scheduling, task assignment, and review of work throughout the project and maintenance life cycle. Ensure work timeliness and quality.
- Assist the project manager in developing project scope, schedule, and resources. Provide status reports to project manager.
- Maintain relationships and work efforts with consultants and outside service providers.
- Collaborate with peer analysts to coordinate systems, data and integration requirements.
- Lead the systems analysis of business requirements, design, development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems.
- Coordinate work efforts for production support, system enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate various testing efforts and provide knowledge transfer and training to business analysts and quality assurance analysts on technical solutions.
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that promotes a high level of personal commitment and accountability and a continued focus on quality and efficiency.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and ten years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong capabilities in the following: technical analysis, functional analysis, fit/gap analysis, requirements documentation and process flow charting, presentation of options and solutions facilitation, issues analysis and resolution, and business process improvements.
- Substantial experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and shown problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience with enterprise applications, database driven applications and design of user interfaces.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communications and presentation skills; ability to interact with senior management audiences; effective negotiation, facilitation and persuasion skills with diverse groups.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with the entire Microsoft Office and Google suite of products.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Substantial experience (expert level) crafting and interpreting SQL queries and data extracts strongly desired.
- Demonstrable experience analyzing large volumes of ambiguous data strongly desired.
- Ability in developing data conversion mappings and scripts strongly desired.
- Validated experience with and understanding of accounting and financial systems such as Oracle Financials desired.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing practices desired.
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of Salesforce (SFDC) desired.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of University Advancement business processes desired.
Certifications and Licenses
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk.
- Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues, business clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates dedication to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to follow all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- We are not able to provide relocation for this position. Stanford University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in Spring 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting Stanford's mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4803
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 83805