Dean, Sri Lanka
We have an exciting and unique career opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to join UTS Insearch Sri Lanka in the capacity of Dean.
UTS Insearch Sri Lanka College is a newly formed entity established to support Insearch’s strategic vision to expand our transnational delivery of programs.
The college will deliver UTS Insearch courses; Academic English, UTS Foundation Studies, a suite of Insearch Diplomas– in a newly-built, best-practice learning and teaching environment.
About the Role
The Dean is essential to the success of the new college. Reporting to the CEO UTS Insearch Sri Lanka and Dean of Studies, Tim Laurence, and working closely with the Colombo Campus Director, the Dean will partner with academic stakeholders in Sydney to:
- Create an environment dedicated to student experience and outcomes
- Ensure the highest standards in pathway learning and teaching are achieved by maintaining transnational course equivalence, ensuring compliance with academic procedures, delivery mode, curricula, learning plans and learning outcomes
- Shape a committed, engaged teaching team, and continuously assure teaching quality.
This role will play an active role in marketing related activities and events, to advocate the UTS Insearch brand and purpose by building strong working relationships with key external and/or in-country stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have substantial academic and managerial experience in tertiary and/or pathway education with an evident passion to establish a quality program in a rewarding and at times challenging operating environment.
Key Result Areas
Learning, Teaching and Students
- Work with senior academic Insearch stakeholders to deliver Academic and English language programs at the Colombo campus and maintain transnational course equivalence and compliance
- Recruit, ensure availability and manage quality teaching staff
- Advance continuous improvement of learning and teaching practice through student feedback and teacher professional development
- Manage with Campus Director key aspects of resources and facilities, including timetabling and space allocation
- Moderate courses and ensure assessment probity
- Oversee best practice use of educational technology, including the learning management system
- Lead and enhance student learning support program
- Ensure a high-quality student orientation and preparation program is in place
- The Dean will be required to teach into the program
Governance and Reporting
- Develop and embed in-country procedures and guidelines based on relevant Insearch policies.
- Ensure self and team actively adhere to appropriate higher education regulatory frameworks, Australian and Sri Lankan.
- Lead academic governance, including key membership of the Insearch – TNE partner Education Management Committee.
- Develop and ensure internal education systems and processes.
- Review and report on all issues of student welfare in-line with Insearch policy.
Leadership and People Management
- Ensure academic team is appropriately supported and resourced
- Drive a culture of high performance through setting performance objectives, performance management, and ongoing development of Academic and ELT staff
- Contribute to building and maintaining a culture aligned to the Insearch Code of Ethics and Insearch People Strategy
Workplace, Health and Safety
- Adhere to and support the implementation of safety, health, wellbeing and environmental policies
To succeed in this role you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in a discipline relevant to Insearch academic programs
- A Master’s degree in relevant academic discipline or Education
- A deep understanding of the transnational education sector, including demonstrable knowledge of regulatory frameworks — TEQSA thresholds, AQF, National Foundation code, ESOS — and their transnational application. Knowledge of in-country regulatory environment
- Experience developing and implementing academic policy and procedures, and compliance management
- A track record of successfully leading teams and effectively managing teaching staff
- Demonstrable knowledge of contemporary best practice in approaches learning and teaching in the Higher Education sector, including student support
- Demonstrable cross-cultural competency
- Experience working effectively with multiple geographically dispersed stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced negotiation and influencing skills
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Email your CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to Angela Robinson, Senior Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information email HR@insearch.edu.au for a copy of the Dean-Sri Lanka Position Description.
Applications close 15 July 2019.