Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Graduate School of Business is seeking an experienced Data Analyst who will be responsible for conducting extensive data and statistical analysis to support the overall strategies GSB External Relations team, including alumni engagement and giving analysis; population segmentation for specific campaigns; and the production of results reporting and data visualization. This position will report to the Senior Data Analyst for External Relations.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Work under consultative or self-initiated direction to assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information. Distribute and disseminate reports to applicable agencies, researchers, management and other internal end-users.
- Devise methods for identifying data patterns, trends in available information sources using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques. Determine and recommend additional data collection and reporting requirements.
- Design and customize reports based upon data in the database.
- Create non-routine databases and their related information summary; develop algorithms and statistical model; and perform statistical analyses appropriate to complex data and reporting requirements.
- Serve as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys.
- Lead the implementation of data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Collaborate with technical staff to standardize and systemize routine reports, dashboards, and metrics.
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Expert ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Basic statistical ability.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Ability to take a leadership role on projects and with users/clients.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application
Job Code: 4745
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83782