Head of Grant Office Department
Deadline 31 Jul 2019
Start date immediately/negotiable
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology – Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) invites applications for the position of Head of Grant Office Department
Central European Institute of Technology – Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) is an independent university institute formed at the Masaryk University as a part of scientific center of excellence CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology. CEITEC MU represents a key part of the state-of-the-art research infrastructure equipped with cutting-edge facilities and excellent conditions for fundamental as well as applied research, especially in the area of life sciences. Our institute with its modern building can be found at University Campus Brno-Bohunice.
CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/)
For more information, please go to our websites: https://www.ceitec.cz/ceitec-masarykova-univerzita/in1
The main task of the Grant Office at CEITEC MU is preparation of project proposals within the local as well as international calls for tenders. The Grant Office submits around hundreds of project proposals every year, including dozens of international proposals. Furthermore, the Grant Office participates in organisation of trainings, seminars and workshops about planned and announced projects. We provide researchers with specialised consultancy focused on grant strategies and suitable calls for tenders. Becoming the leader of the Grant Office is a great opportunity and challenge for everyone who is interested in project support area and motivated by putting new ideas into practice. CEITEC receives its fundamental part of the budget from national and international project competitions, and therefore this is a key position. CEITEC MU is a workplace creating new scientific ideas with high potential to be applied in project calls.
Currently, we are looking for a Grant Office Head who will lead a small team. We wish to find someone who will welcome a new challenge and possibility to participate in building successful institution with the ambition to rank itself among the best institutions in Europe.
Are you ready to take this challenge?
Does it motivate you to independent work and the international environment?
Are great teamwork and work-life balance the important benefits to you?
We will be glad to welcome you in our team
What will be your daily job?
- Management of Grant Office including development of methodologies within the department operations
- Guidance of Grant Office employees and supervision of their professional development
- Preparation and updating of internal regulations related with the department administration
- Conceptual development of the department activities in accordance with the strategic plan of the institute
- Management and coordination of project proposals preparation
- Searching for and active creation of opportunities to submit projects, above all international cooperation in life science
- Info service for researchers
- Participation in trainings, workshops and info days regarding project possibilities
What you should be like:
- High school/ University degree
- Experience from university environment would be an advantage but not unconditionally required
- Experience with project management or administration, in particular, in international environment, would be an advantage but not unconditionally required
- Experience with team management would be an advantage but not unconditionally required
- Management skills
- Systematic and responsible approach to work; a dutiful and pro-active team-player with organisation and communication skills
- Advanced level of spoken as well as written English language
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
What we offer:
- Full-time job at an excellent scientific university institute within Masaryk University
- Combination of Masaryk University stability and at the same time interesting environment pursuing company-based principles
- A great work team
- Positive approach to work-life balance
- Space for personal as well as professional growth
- Possibility to take part in educative events and workshops
- Plenty of benefits such as 6 weeks of paid holiday, contribution to pension scheme, lunch vouchers, Menza MU university canteen meals, reduced prices for the Scala cinema tickets, gym lessons organised at the Faculty of Sports MU located near CEITEC, reduced prices for mobile operator tariffs
- Start date: immediately/negotiable
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter in English language to email@example.com. Be sure to mention the position title in the subject of your e-mail message.
If you do not receive the invitation for job interview during 4 weeks of submitting your CV, we gave priority to other candidates in the first round of the selection process.
In justified cases, the announcer can extend, interrupt or cancel the selection procedure.