Mechanical Engineering Teacher
7 days left
- Full Time
Waikato Institute of Technology ('Wintec') is one of New Zealand's leading institutes of technology, which helps to drive the development of a skilled workforce not only in New Zealand but around the world. We are a modern institute of technology with a reputation for providing quality education. Our graduates are work-ready and in demand by employers.
We are now looking for a knowledgeable Mechanical Engineering Teacher to teach for Wintec in Jinhua, China for one to two semesters. You will be teaching in the classroom up to approximately 24 hours per week, starting in late August 2019!
You are expected to be proactive, positive, resilient and passionate about helping students to achieve their academic success. You should also be able to nurture and engage your students and foster a student-centred learning environment.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Have ideally a minimum of two year's Mechanical Engineering teaching experience at a tertiary level
- Preferably, have some recent industry experience in mechanical engineering field
- Preferably, have previously worked with young Chinese adult learners with low-level English skills
- Have a genuine interest in Chinese culture and history
- Speak some Mandarin (not mandatory!)
- Be collaborative and able to build up good relationships with your peer colleagues in China and in New Zealand
What we will offer:
- Competitive remuneration, which includes free accommodation,paid breaks, full international travel insurance, flights between China and country of residence for every year worked etc.
- Work visa sponsorship
- An enriching and challenging teaching experience and an supportive work atmosphere
If this sounds like you, please apply online now.
For more information on this role, please see the attached position description.