Customer Operations and Invoice Administrator
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 16/07/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Professional Development
To be the main point of contact between freelancer presenters, venues and our Purchase Ledger teams to ensure prompt payment of invoices within the strict deadlines. The role will also assist with the administration and customer service support for PD products and joint ventures.
The role is based within the Customer Operations Team in Manchester within Professional Development. The position will undertake the processing of invoices from both freelancer presenters and external venues. The position will also involve dealing with telephone queries from Joint Venture partners’ clients/delegates, the processing of bookings and managing various mailboxes. Responding to any queries quickly and accurately and adhering to a 24 hour SLA at all times.
- Managing and prioritising emails/invoices in the freelancer invoicing inbox. Also processing invoices from external venues.
- Checking invoices for correct fee, expenses and ensuring all receipts are present.
- Manually code up invoices and the enter details onto the PD System and onto a spreadsheet.
- Inputting data into the invoice spreadsheet to keep it accurate and up to date.
- Obtaining approval for invoices and email them to Purchase Ledger on a weekly basis.
- Dealing with any freelancer queries promptly to avoid delayed payments.
- Filing of invoices in the correct date order.
- Assisting with month end accrual processes.
- Proactively deal with telephone and email enquiries on a daily basis on all PD products, processing bookings, booking transfers, invoice queries, cancellations and deferrals.
- Answering all associated e-mails within SLA for all inboxes which include (but is not limited to) CIMA on Demand, Insolvency, CIMA CPD, LD ICAS, PD E-learning and PD Operations.
- Updating of some attendance data for joint venture programmes.
- Check that a venue has been allocated to each event by wider BPP Teams or help to find an external venue at a competitive rate.
- Help to monitor course capacities to identifying over/under-capacity courses and then apply appropriate action with guidance from Customer Operations & Resourcing Manager.
- Effectively undertake any other duties as required by the management team.
The role will work with different parts of the business including contact with Finance, Business Development and Programme Teams. You will work closely with the Customer Operations Executive and Client Operations Team.
Skills and Experience
- Self-disciplined with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Experience of working within a busy environment
- Accounts administration experience (preferred but not essential)
- Customer service experience
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Conscientious, and reliable
- A clear telephone voice with a polite, tactful and friendly attitude
- Ability to handle complaints from both freelancers and delegates
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Good IT Skills (Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word)
- Able to work under pressure, sometimes to short deadlines
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written