Special Scientist, Department of Accounting and Finance
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
SPECIAL SCIENTIST POSITION
No. of Positions: Up to (2)
Category: 1-year contract (subject to renewal)
Τόπος Εργασίας: Department of Accounting and Finance, University o Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Accounting and Finance of the University of Cyprus invites CVs for up to two (2) full time Special Scientist positions for the needs of the Internal Research Program in the field of International Capital Markets Research and enrollment at the Department's doctoral program.
The employment will be for a period of up to one year, with the possibility of renewal until the completion of the PhD studies, based on satisfactory performance. The University will cover the monthly amount of € 1,000, all the tuition fees and € 1,000 per year for participation in international conferences abroad. From the monthly earnings, employer’s and employees' contributions will be deducted. The program does not provide 13th salary. Candidates will have to meet the qualifications for admission to the doctoral program of the Department in finance and accounting.
- M.Sc. degree in Finance or Accounting or Economics or Mathematics/Statistics or Computer Science or Engineering or in any related field (or to obtain the M.Sc degree before July 31st, 2019).
- Excellent command of the English language
- Very good knowledge and use of statistical or econometric methods and programming (e.g. SAS, SPSS, STATA, EViews, R, Matlab, Python, C++) and related software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of Prof. Andreas Charitou and Irene Karamanou the selected candidates is expected to have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Promoting the actions required by the program.
- Preparing the required program-related reports.
- Any other relevant work that the Program Coordinator will assign to the Special Scientist
Interested parties are requested to submit:
- full curriculum vitae (in English)
- copies of degrees and analytical grades report
- names of two people (at least one academic) from whom recommendations may be requested.
Interested candidates should submit the required items electronically (email@example.com, Mrs. Evgenia Tsinti, tel. 22893605) to the Department of Accounting and Finance, University of Cyprus, PO Box 20537, 1678 Nicosia, by the 31st of July, 2019. The necessary supporting documents can also be hand-delivered to the Accounting and Finance Department's Secretariat (FEB 0-1 Building - 1st floor - University Campus, tel. 22893605, Mrs Evgenia Tsinti).
For more information, please contact Prof. Andreas Charitou (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Prof. Irene Karamanou (email: email@example.com), or the Secretariat of the Department, Mrs Evgenia Tsinti (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 22893605).
Apply for Special Scientist, Department of Accounting and Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus