Program Manager, Bachelor of Languages
Program Manager, Bachelor of Languages
Job no: 578918
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Education, Media, Journalism & Communications
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. One of Australia’s original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now has 82,000 students including 12,000 at postgraduate level.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and - above all - the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. The rapid growth of our programs means that the School of Communication & Design is at a particularly exciting time and is seeking a new team of program managers to drive us to our next stage of national development.
The Bachelor of Languages program comprises strands in (a) translating and interpreting (T&I) and (b) Japanese language. The T&I strand offers both academic and vocational development to student supported by a learning management system, high-end hardware and software and a professional-quality simultaneous interpretation booth.
Role and responsibilities
The Program Manager will be responsible for the Bachelor of Languages program offered by RMIT Vietnam. The appointee will line manage academic staff as required and will work closely with the Head of Department, Communication. The scope of responsibilities includes teaching and learning activities, curriculum development and quality assurance, timetabling, student experience, resource planning, program promotion, industry engagement, staff workload planning and professional development review. Proven success in language program marketing, promotion, innovation and quality assurance is required. The appointee will contribute to the strategic direction of the School of Communication & Design by working collaboratively with other members of the School’s Leadership team. This is an exciting position in a dynamic teaching-focused environment and will suit a flexible team leader who is committed to growing this young, industry-focused program.
Key selection criteria
- Relevant PhD or equivalent doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of five years' teaching experience of relevant programs/courses at undergraduate level.
- Significant management experience in languages education and training including demonstrable achievement in course/program growth.
- Appointment to Lecturer (level B): evidence of innovative, inclusive teaching approaches that meet the needs of student diversity. Track-record of high-quality curriculum development and delivery, teaching practice innovations and developments.
- Appointment to Senior Lecturer (level C): emerging nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets. Demonstrated ability to attract external research funds.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage academic and professional teams and contribute to a collaborative and productive workplace.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Applications close on 31st July 2019