- LIBRARY SERVICES CENTRE
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $79,757 TO $86,176 PA PRO-RATA (HEW6)
- PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME FIXED-TERM VACANCIES
The Library Services Centre provides innovative, high quality, customer-focused library services including digital and information literacies and use of learning technologies, research skills, information resources, scholarly and cultural collections, and learning facilities that contribute to and enhance the University’s learning, teaching, and research goals. The Library delivers a wide range of online resources and services to all campus and study locations and to clients both on and off-campus.
ECU Library has librarian positions available working within the Digital and Information Literacy and Research Services teams.
Digital and Information Literacy Team – Fixed term (0.4FTE) until 31st March 2020
Librarians working within the digital and information literacy team are responsible for delivery of high quality digital and information literacy programs. This role is a job share role supporting the School of Science. Librarians will work in collaboration with the Centre for Learning and Teaching and the relevant school to develop, deliver and evaluate interactive and engaging resources and workshops that build digital and information literacy skills for students and provide support to staff of the School.
Research Services Team – Fixed term (1.0FTE) until 20th December 2019
Librarians will work in collaboration with the Graduate Research School, Office of Research and Innovation, and service centres across the university to develop, deliver and evaluate interactive and engaging resources that build digital and information literacy skills for researchers and higher degree students. Librarians assist in research data management and research metrics as well as management of Research Online the University’s Institutional Repository for research outputs.
Applicants will be expected to have:
- Completion of a relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience, or equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation.
- Eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association is desirable.
- Understanding of trends in library and information services, digital literacy and open education, digital scholarship, scholarly communication and publishing trends,
- Knowledge of key issues in research in the in a higher education context including knowledge of data management and research impact in an educational and research environment;
- Knowledge of a range of scholarly information resources;
- Demonstrated high level information and digital literacy skills, including an ability to design, promote, deliver and evaluate information and digital literacy teaching programs, both online and face to face. Demonstrated experience or knowledge of educational technologies.
- The ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and to produce deliverables within specified timeframes.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
These fixed-term position attracts remuneration of $79,757 to 86,176 (pro-rata) plus 9.5% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Nicole Johnston on 086302767 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement addressing the Selection Criteria listed above.
Applications close on Tuesday 16th July at 11:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.