- Key Executive role
- City based position
- Opportunity to lead a school in the largest business colleges in Asia Pacific
- Access to many companywide benefits
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students. Founded in 1887, RMIT is a multi-sector university with more than 87,000 students including 15,000 at postgraduate level and 11,000 staff globally.
The College of Business is comprised of six large schools, delivering Business programs in vocational education and the higher education sectors. RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore and Shanghai, as well as through Open Universities Australia (OUA) and RMIT Online.
The School of Management offers offers business degrees in Management, International Business, HRM and Entrepreneurship at undergraduate, postgraduate and Phd level. The School has a focus on management in context and research strengths include the areas of People, Organisations and Work, Entrepreneurship and Innovation and Social Change.
For more information please visit:
The Dean, School of Management is accountable for the academic leadership and direction of the school, ensuring the provision of quality learning environments and programs. The incumbent will work to develop a teaching and research environment which reflects the mission of RMIT, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation. Operational planning, resource management, finance and administration are also key components of this role.
The Dean, School of Management is a member of the College Executive team and is required to work collaboratively with all members of the College management team and with staff across the School and College to ensure that the strategic objectives are met.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful college and make a significant difference to the experience of our staff and students. The majority of your time will be based at the City campus but you may be required to work at other campuses of the University.
- A relevant postgraduate tertiary qualification, appointable at professoriate level and extensive relevant management experience, preferably from within the education sector. Significant professional standing in areas relevant to the school.
- Demonstrated experience in an academic leadership role with significant academic achievements and output.
- Demonstrated experience managing large staff cohorts, financial, physical and administrative resources including experience implementing governance structures.
- Ability to support teaching and learning activities and enhance the research profile of the school, fostering research related output.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large programs in Australia and offshore.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships, lead, direct and influence others.
For further information, please visit our careers website yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 579015.
Applications close on 1st Aug 2019
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.