The Stanford Laboratory for Cell and Gene Medicine (LCGM) is seeking a Financial Analyst 2 to perform complex finance functions and/or activities requiring advanced knowledge and application of internal policies, external regulations, precedents, and systems; this role provides critical management and support to LCGM. The LCGM is a 20,000 ft2 multi-product biologics manufacturing facility that provides regulatory, quality systems, process development and manufacturing support to the School of Medicine, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Health Care (SHC) in developing innovative cell and gene-based therapies for the treatment of disease and the promotion of health in pediatric and adult patients in Phase I/II clinical trials. This role includes opportunities for professional development and growth in the burgeoning fields of cell & gene therapy.
- Perform and design ad hoc analyses of large complex data sets: reconcile complex accounts. Identify and resolve complex issues which may span multiple areas.
- Construct and assemble data for budgeting and decision making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations. May develop annual budget for individual department/unit.
- Conduct analysis and resolution, and recognize exceptions. Participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational perspective in decision making.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. May manage compliance program for area of responsibility, and create complex compliance reports.
- Develop reports and presentations of complex financial data and metrics for management and third parties.
- Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Contribute to unit and organization strategy; assist in the development of change management plans and materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform system testing and analyze results.
- Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Familiar with Stanford Financial Systems, including OBI, labor schedules, iJournals, etc. is preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with SOM budget reporting preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4452
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/