Indigenous Wellbeing and Engagement Officer
- Full Time
CQUniversity is committed to the improvement of employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The aim of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Career Development Strategy is to address the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across all CQUniversity campuses. The filling of this position is intended to constitute an equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 105 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1991 (Qld). This position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
- Fixed Term (until 31 December 2019), Full Time
- Student Experience & Governance Division
- CQUniversity 1x Gladstone Marina and 1x Townsville
- Total Salary $67,668 to $76,118 pa (plus superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
CQUniversity is proud to be recognised as Australia’s most inclusive university with the highest ratio of students from disadvantaged, mature age, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and first-in-family backgrounds. This inclusive approach and commitment to access and participation means the University defines itself by who it embraces, rather than who it excludes.
The Indigenous Student Support Team is located within the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre and provides support to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students within each school at CQUniversity.
This position will allow you to work as part of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander wellbeing project team, being a first point of contact for current and prospective Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. You will be provided with the opportunity to coordinate a broad range of administrative duties, and engagement programs and events aimed at supporting the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students across all CQUniversity campuses, including students studying via distance.
When submitting your application, please provide the following:
- Current Resume
- Responses to Selection Criteria, including:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and societies, and the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
- Knowledge in the use of computers including a range of business support software (e.g. word processing, spread sheeting, database, electronic diary, email etc.).
Apply today for a career that changes lives. www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 21 July 2019.
- Vacancy Reference Number (Townsville): 33194
Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”