Senior Technical Officer, Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy
3 days left
- Part Time
- 3 years fixed term, part-time 0.5FTE
- $80,822 - $85,810 (G06) plus Superannuation (pro-rata)
Curtin University is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (ARWU 2017), and in the top 50 in the world for universities under the age of 50 (QS World University Rankings 2017). In recent years, Curtin has climbed significantly in global league tables and in the 2016 Nature Index results, Curtin was named as a rising star, the most collaborative of the Australian universities, and the biggest Australian mover. Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai.
The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) concentrates its research effort into a range of projects in radio astronomy, including aspects of next generation telescopes. The institute has played a leading role in contributing high-impact engineering and science to the international Square Kilometre Array project.
Your new role
We are seeking a new Senior Technical Officer, funded by the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, to contribute to our research and teaching programs in the field of radio astronomy engineering, working within the Engineering Research group.
- Construct and assemble novel astronomical instrumentation
- Support research and development projects undertaken by post-graduate engineering and astronomy students
- Assist in maintaining the specialist and general laboratory equipment underpinning the ICRAR/CIRA engineering laboratory
- Support procurement activities for staff, student, laboratory and project purchases.
- Co-ordinate and document inward and outward goods including international shipments.
- Assist in asset tracking audits
- Assist the building management representative with lodging and resolving building issues, as capacity permits
You will bring to the role
- A relevant degree qualification and subsequent relevant experience; or relevant trade qualification and extensive trade experience and expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, conduct of and the setting up of complex experiments/equipment and systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and commitment to ensuring, Occupational Safety and Health practices and regulations are followed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team as well as the ability to supervise the work of others.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers exciting career paths and trajectories including
- conducting innovative work that will make real-world difference
- interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
- international recognition
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, a relocation allowance, generous superannuation, salary-packaging arrangements including childcare, and the potential to support dual-career arrangements.
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5 pm (AWST), Friday 19 July 2019
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Explore some more: http://astronomy.curtin.edu.au/
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Professor David Davidson, Director Engineering CIRA
Phone: +61 8 9266 7951
Please only apply via the attached link. Please do not send your resume direct to the above contact.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.