Research Associate, Center for Biotechnology
Organization Name: Center for Biotechnology
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
The Biotechnology Center at Khalifa University is seeking a candidate for Research associate appointment in discipline relevant to Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular biology and Bioinformatics.
This is an exciting role in which the post holder will have the ability to work in all areas of our Genomics team to ensure operations flow efficiently across the center.
Successful candidates will join the Biotechnology Center and will be expected to supervise undergraduate students, interns and to lead funded research projects and teams.
The Research Associate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Carries out research and produces publications, or other research output, in line with personal objectives agreed in the review process.
- Engages in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Contributes to research center or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Fosters service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental and advisory capacity.
- Supports and participates in research activities.
Master Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Bioinformatics or any related Science major. A minimum of two years experience is required. Candidate must be able to work independently. Experience operating PCR and Sequencing instrumentation independently is required. Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation issues is highly desirable.
All applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of, or high potential for, high-quality scientific research, as evidenced by their publication records and/or letters of recommendation. Candidates interested in translational research and entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement