Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Academic (Level B)
Salary package: $98,009 - $111,365 plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed term (2 year and 3 year appointments)
The ANU College of Law is recognised as one of Australia’s leaders in legal research and education. Located in Australia’s capital city, Canberra, the ANU College of Law is home to five research centres, a law reform and social justice initiative, and has built strong networks with lawmakers, the judiciary and legal academics throughout Australia and the world.
The ANU College of Law seeks to appoint Postdoctoral Fellows who are ready to enhance their academic career in one of the world’s foremost research universities. ANU attracts leading academics and outstanding students from Australia and around the world.
To be successful as a Postdoctoral Fellow, you will share the commitment the College places on supporting staff to reach their full potential in an environment of collegiality and respect for diversity.
We welcome applications from candidates pursuing research in the following areas:
- Property Law (including equity)
- Law of Obligations
- Law and Technology
- Indigenous Legal Studies
- Intellectual Property Law
- Space Law
- Public Law
- International Law
- Law and Economics
Postdoctoral appointments in Space Law are funded by InSpace, an ANU wide interdisciplinary initiative.
If successful, you will receive excellent career mentoring within the ANU College of Law and the wider ANU. You will also be encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to expand your range of research skills by being able to draw on a research support fund. Up to four appointments will be made, and will be for a period of two or three years. Please specify which length of appointment you are applying for as the conditions for each are different as specified in the position description.
For all enquiries please contact Professor Sally Wheeler, Dean, ANU College of Law, T: +61 2 6125 4070 or E: Sally.Wheeler@anu.edu.au
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes details of education, professional training and qualifications, full list of publications, positions held (including relevant dates, titles, responsibilities and key achievements), details of teaching and/or research experience, and any other relevant information such as contributions to professional associations and learned societies, and community activities.
- Applicants must also provide full contact details for three referees who have agreed to supply confidential references. Candidates should state their relationship to the referees. It is the candidates responsibility to ensure referees are willing to provide reports when contacted.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Applications close: 04 Aug 2019 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time