Technical Operations Coordinator
Faculty of Health Science
Curtin University Midland Campus
2 years, fixed term, full time
$89,137 - $95,790 (G07) plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Curtin University Midland Campus
The soon to be completed Midland Campus will be a clinical base for Curtin Medical Students in their fourth and fifth year of study, and will also be utilised by Curtin Allied Health Schools including nursing, physiotherapy and pharmacy
It is also anticipated that the facilities will be used by local partners such as the new Midland St John of God Public Hospital, and that other local health or education partnership opportunities arise.
Your new role
We are seeking a Technical Operations Coordinator to work at our brand new state of the art, Curtin Midland Campus, and manage the operation of simulation laboratories, rooms and workshops for our health science students.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership, training support, procedural assistance and advice to students and staff;
- Coordinating the operational requirements of the Facility’s laboratory and teaching space;
- Developing and delivering specialist technical skills training programs in the area of simulation;
- Ensuring the simulation laboratory and other teaching facilities and equipment are ready for teaching or research activities.
- Managing relationships with external users of the Facility and supervising other staff who are assigned to support the facility;
- Ensuring there is adequate skills coverage to meet operational objectives;
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and new techniques.
- Maintaining facilities and equipment;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining simulation suite standard operating procedures;
- Collecting data, maintaining records and producing reports;
You will bring to the role
- A relevant degree qualification and extensive experience and expertise in simulation; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with the ability to manage a teaching and research facility and to supervise associated support staff.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in simulation based educational practices and the use of relevant equipment and/or systems.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- High level interpersonal skills with the ability to develop, maintain and enhance professional working relationships
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to others with non-technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers exciting career paths and trajectories including:
- Conducting innovative work that will make real-world differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria which can be found in the position description.
Applications close: 5 pm, Monday 29th July 2019.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Explore some more https://properties.curtin.edu.au/our-projects/midland-campus.cfm
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Phil Hocking – Faculty Business Manager – Health Sciences
Phone: 08 9266 1575
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.