Research Associate in Quantum Estimation
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM, pool and Indoor Sports Centre
- A strong commitment to staff development and learning
- A strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
- Location: Canberra, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
This role will be situated within the School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT). The engineering disciplines have close research collaborations promoting multidisciplinary research opportunities. Over recent years SEIT has produced more than 400 high impact research publications each year and continues to perform exceptionally in terms of research outputs and grant funding obtained through competitive funding opportunities as offered by the Australian Research Council, Industry partners and Defence, in addition to generous internal support provided by UNSW Canberra.
About the role
- Research Associate Level A: $95,449 to $102,091 pa (+17% super and leave loading)
- Fixed term – 30 months starting ASAP
UNSW Canberra has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate in Quantum Estimation. The Research Associate Position is a key role within the research team working on quantum estimation project supported by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology and the Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project (DP) “Efficient and high-precision system identification in quantum cybernetics”. The Research Associate will conduct research into the development of novel algorithms and approaches for quantum estimation theoretically and experimentally.
With the support of senior academics and the research team you will develop your research to be published in peer reviewed journals. You will also be required to travel to attend meetings related to your research both nationally and internationally as well as present your research findings at national and/or international conferences when required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A PhD (or PhD thesis submission by 1 July 2019) in in Quantum Physics, Electrical Engineering or an area related to quantum information and quantum optics..
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research in Quantum Estimation with limited supervision.
- A demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
How to apply: If you want to continue your research in novel efficient algorithms in a collaborative and supportive environment please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria
Eugene Aves, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (+61 2) 9385 3475
Dr Hidehiro Yonezawa
T: +61 2 62688704
Associate Professor Daoyi Dong
T: +61 2 6268 6285
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), Tuesday 30th July 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please contact Eugene Aves or email firstname.lastname@example.org