Research Technician Associate
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
We are seeking a Research Technician Associate within the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering.
- Maintain drosophila stocks, perform genetic experiments, make solutions and media, make bacterial plates and grape plates, organize stocks, pick up packages.
- Work will involve genetics, molecular biology, and microbiology.
- Assist two postdocs in the lab with Drosophila genetics and molecular biology experiments. These experiments concern the functions of the Dpr and DIP cell adhesion molecules during brain development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Biology.
- Several years of lab experience.
- Microscope skills.
- Experience with different types of microscopes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience in analyzing data.
- Knowledge of Microbiology.