Administrative Associate II
Job Code: 4102
FTE: 100%, Non-exempt
School of Engineering, Office of the Dean
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The School of Engineering, Office of the Dean, seeks an Administrative Associate to provide administrative and operational support to our eight departments. Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Dean, this position is critical in supporting our mission: to seek solutions to important global problems and educate leaders who will make the world a better place. You will provide support to a large volume of diverse clients and perform a broad range of simultaneous duties. As a collaborator with a variety of departments, you will have a keen understanding of how the School of Engineering functions and the opportunity for career progression. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Representing the School of Engineering by being the first point of contact to respond to inquiries, determining and taking appropriate action as required.
- Displaying your organizational skills by coordinating logistics and materials, and interfacing with vendors associated with conferences and various events.
- Composing, formatting, preparing, and distributing routine communications and materials.
- Maintaining a high-level of detail by managing multiple calendars and travel.
- Providing accurate and timely processing of financial transactions.
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment, obtaining vendor quotations, and coordinating office moves.
- Maintaining approved content on websites.
*Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications. MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- A high-level of responsiveness, with logical decision making skills.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide market competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. As one of the greatest intellectual hubs in the world, take advantage of development programs, tuition reimbursement plus $800 you receive annually towards skill-building classes, or audit a Stanford course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Create an avatar and participate in virtual reality adventures or join one with fellow staff on Stanford vacations!
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on “Apply for Job”. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé with your application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E