Director of Golf Operations
The Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER) at Stanford University seeks a seasoned professional to serve as Director of Golf Operations. Reporting jointly to the Men’s and Women’s Golf Head Coaches, the Director be involved in all non-coaching aspects of the two varsity golf teams.
**Please note: This is a one-year fixed-term appointment, with possibility of annual renewal.
Your responsibilities will Include:
- Tournament Director
- Tournament Director for all annually hosted intercollegiate events, including Stanford Intercollegiate hosted by Dr. Condoleezza Rice, The Pac-12 Nanea Preview hosted by Mr. George Roberts, The Prestige at PGA West, The Goodwin, The Cypress Point Classic and The Big Game Match v. Cal Golf.
- Tournament Director for all annually hosted fundraising events, including The Shultz Cup, The Cardinal Classic, The Big Game Cup, The Stanford Men's Golf Alumni Match, the Art Chauvel Volunteer Tournament and the Alumni Reunion for Men's and Women's Golf.
- Oversee all aspects of tournament management including communication with teams and coaches regarding tournament information and conditions of play; coordinate with the Stanford Golf Course staff, Superintendent and Learning Center manager; coordinate officiating with the NCGA and USGA; liaise with volunteer coordinators; order and arrange hospitality including meals, snacks, beverages, etc. for all participants and organizers; reserve hotel blocks; order trophies and tee prizes; communicate and organize with all DAPER medical, media and facility staff as required per tournament; and oversee any other logistics associated with running an event.
- Be primary contact point for all entities before, during and after event.
- Manage tournament budget and finance
- Responsible for all aspects of team travel (airfare, lodging, transportation, per diem, etc.)
- Prepare itineraries and packing lists to be distributed electronically prior to departure
- Organize and reserve team meals during competition, as necessary
- Process and pay team entry fees
- Coordinate all team van services (maintenance checks, fueling, general cleanliness)
- Order, track, receive, organize and distribute team apparel and equipment
- Ensure all team equipment is in working order and order replacement/new equipment as necessary
- Continuously work with coaching staff and facilities to maintain updated branding and graphics in clubhouse and practice facility
- Manage and organize team storage units
- Maintain team technology (Trackman, V1, BodiTrak, Blast Motion, etc)
- Serves as primary contact to External Relations to assist and guide social media strategic plan
- Work with sports information to schedule team related head shots, studio shots, team photos, tournament shoots and other promotional materials
- Work with sports information to create content for use on social media accounts and press releases
- Organize end of year banquets, including awards purchasing
- Organize and oversee all aspects related to team community service events
- Coordinate team related programming in the area of Leadership and Development
- Organize and be main point of contact for foreign tours
- Aid DAPER Development in stewarding golf alumni or Siebel Varsity Golf Training Complex users
- Work closely with development during the preparation for the Shultz Cup and the Cardinal Classic
- Write thank you notes, along with the head coaches to key donors. Work with the teams to appropriately thank donors as necessary
- Golf team alumni communication, relations and special events
- Coordinate daily practice schedules with men's and women's teams
- Communicate schedules and updates to complex users via email
- Oversee the HID MobileAccess program for all users
- Supervise Team Managers and coordinate food management, pick-up and delivery, towels, etc.
- Manage and update content on team videoboards at entrance to Clubhouse
- Organize annual Fall Kick-Off BBQ with teams and Siebel Users
- Manage recruiting database
- Produce recruiting materials
- Coordinate official and unofficial visits (airfare, hotels, tickets, dinner reservations, etc.)
- Submit all compliance paperwork associated with recruit visits
- Occasional campus and facility tours
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong ability to collaborate and balance competing needs and priorities.
- A strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Direct experience with competitive golf and experience running all aspects of golf tournaments.
- This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Job Code: 4121
Employee Status: Fixed-Term
Requisition ID: 83713