Postdoc / Research Assistant, in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Data Science
Title: Postdoc / Research Assistant, in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Data Science
Department / College: Institute of Data Science, National Cheng Kung University
Contract Type: Full Time
Posted / End of date: 01 July 2019 / 31 December 2019
Research projects on machine learning, deep learning and data mining, along with applications to social network, social media, recommender systems, and information security. The potential job items include algorithm design, large-scale data processing, system development, and project writing. Below lists five ongoing projects.
(1) Deep learning-based information diffusion forecasting on social network
(2) Privacy-preserving machine learning and deep learning
(3) Cross-domain, cross-lingual, cross-platform deep recommender systems
(4) Network representation learning on knowledge graphs with applications
(5) Fairness, security, and ethical issues on machine learning and deep learning
For more about our research, please visit the PI’s website.
Background: Ph.D. degree on computer science, data science, artificial intelligence, electoral engineering, mathematics, or statistics. Candidates should have great research enthusiasm, and strong capability on machine learning and deep learning programming. It would be beneficial if the candidates have related experiences on machine learning and deep learning. In addition, the persons we are searching for have good oral and written communication skills. The candidates must provide evidence of the ability to publish scientific papers.
The application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- List of publications with bibliographical references. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
- Brief research plan stating your future research interests
- Name and address of three potential references
- Documentation of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) if English language is not the applicant's mother tongue
- Reference letters
Submit your application with your CV, diplomas and certificates in PDF format via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Qualified applicants invited for interview must bring certified copies of certificates and diplomas.
Postdoc researchers and research assistants will be supported by funding from Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) Taiwan and Academia Sinica.