Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship
3 days left
- Full Time
UC's Centre for Entrepreneurship (UCE)
College of Business and Law
Located in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Continuing (i.e. permanent) position
What You Will Do
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship will join an energetic and collegial UCE team and will contribute to teaching to courses on entrepreneurship, innovation and product innovation. UCE is growing its degree programmes and this role will be central to creating a new vibrant and innovative suite of courses with a strong experiential focus. As part of the UCE team will also undertake applied research to strengthen industry engagement and UC's research impact. UCE provides an excellent support for newly emerging scholars through internal funding of research projects, preparation of grant applications and conference funding and strongly supports emerging scholars in their career growth. UCE also works with Callaghan Innovation to run a Founder Incubator for Christchurch city. This Incubator (Xstart) currently provides business support to 15 businesses located around the South Island.
Who You Are
The successful candidate is expected to have a record (or clear potential) of high research productivity in one or more areas in entrepreneurship or innovation. Ideally, the successful candidate would have experience working with or in industry. To be the successful appointee you will display the following attributes:
- PhD in a subject relevant to entrepreneurship or innovation. Applicants close to finalizing their PhD will be also considered.
- Record of high research productivity, or clear potential thereof.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in entrepreneurship and/or innovation with an experiential focus.
- Strong interpersonal communication and communication skills, people leadership and capability building skills.
- Experience in connecting with industry and other stakeholders.
- Active commitment to continuing personal professional development including bicultural professional development and applying learnings in everyday practises. An active commitment to exploring the values, tikanga (processes), kawa (rules) of cultural practice and traditions as guided by Ngāi Tūahuriri (the mana whenua or local peoples) at UC is also expected.
Ability to collaborate and create partnerships with industry and other non-academic stakeholders is necessary.
Who You Will Work With
UC's Centre for Entrepreneurship provides a dedicated, student-focused space where ideas and innovation can flourish. Our vision is to deliver highly versatile graduates who can meet the market with courage, determination and resourcefulness, by utilising our strong business connections, we are committed to developing resilient and talented entrepreneurs.
For more information about our team, please visit us at UC's Centre for Entrepreneurship
The University of Canterbury is committed to promoting a world-class learning environment through research and teaching excellence, and has a vision statement of "People Prepared to Make a Difference". You will have the opportunity to work alongside members of a diverse academic community and enrich your own professional and personal development.
For information about the range of fantastic benefits that UC offers including flexible work practices, study opportunities and generous superannuation and leave provisions, please visit us: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/joinus
The closing date for this position is: Sunday, 21st July 2019 (midnight, NZ time)
How You Apply
Applications for this position are submitted online and should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae which includes a list of relevant research publications and a 2-3 page statement outlining the research interests and goals. Please ensure your application is uploaded as a single pdf file and that the file name is your surname only.
For further information, specifically about the role, please contact Rachel Wright, Director, UCE, Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to answer your queries in relation to the application process, please forward these to Michelle Davies, Recruitment Coordinator, email@example.com
The University of Canterbury is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligation under the Treaty of Waitangi.