Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
3 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences within Stanford University’s School of Medicine is recruiting for two Clinical Research Coordinator Associate’s (in 1 year fixed-term positions) to work on multiple projects combining behavioral & neuroimaging techniques in the study of emotional processing and regulation in healthy subjects and patients with mood or anxiety disorders in the laboratory of Dr. Amit Etkin. The CRCA’s will provide guidance to less experienced staff, and work under the general direction of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor.
For more information regarding the Etkin lab, please visit http://etkinlab.stanford.edu/.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from startup through close-out.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Previous research experience in the fields of Biology, Psychology or Neurosciences
- Experience with cognitive neuroscience experimental methods and experiment design
- Previous experience working with MRI scanning and data analysis
- Beginning to Intermediate level Metlab experience
- Strong facility with computers, database programs, and statistical analysis
- Background knowledge of biology, psychology and/or statistics sufficient to interpret and synthesize literature in the field of neuropsychiatric research
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
Job Code: 4924
Employee Status: Fixed-Term
Requisition ID: 83701