Postdoc, Medieval Art History
7 days left
- Full Time
26 Jul 2019
1 September 2019
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Medieval Art History
The post-doc fellow will participate to the new project carried out at the Center for Early Medieval Studies, Department of Art History in Brno. This project, lead by Ivan Foletti, focuses on the city of Rome in the Carolingian Period. The post-doc fellow will join an international team, composed by two doctoral students and one senior researcher. They will be dealing with the artistic production of the period, with a focus on the monumental decoration. The main result of this project will be a collective monograph, followed by a series or articles published in peer-reviewed international periodicals.
The post-doc fellow will be in charge of a significant part of the final monograph and will be the author of at least two articles. Finally, he/she will co-organize, with all the team, an international symposium dedicated to the question of the interaction between monumental decorations and liturgy during the Carolingian period in Rome.
The post-doc fellow will also participate to other activities of the Center for Early Medieval Studies, Department of Art History. Namely to seminars promoted by the Centre, to public lectures and to other scientific activities.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher within 7 years after receiving the Ph.D. degree or its equivalent
- be a researcher, who worked at least 2 whole years over the course of last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with working time of at least 0.5, or was a Ph.D. student (or similar form) abroad
- have a publication activity – in the last 3 years, at least 2 publication outputs registered in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time, publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be the first author,
- the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- have experience in the field of Medieval Art History
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants and further information proving the above mentioned (information about previous contracts, publication activity, etc.)
- Cover Letter
- contact information of at least three references
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in excellent research
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 1 year
- professional team and pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalized environment
- welcome service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from September 2019.
The submission date is 26th July 2019.
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries can be sent) by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one months of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617