Senior Student Records Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Location: London Liverpool Street
Closing date: 17/07/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Operations - Registry & Scheduling - Student Records & Advice
Responsible for the co-ordination of all registrations, student record keeping, related queries and other activities in line with Student Records Processes. In addition the post holder is responsible for the supervision of the Student Records Team (London) and the management of 6 Student Records Officers.
- The day to day management of the Student Records Team (London) to ensure SLA’s are met and all processes are followed to a high standard.
- The planning and delivery of successful student registration events in London, supporting all late and temporary registrations. In addition, overseeing the co-ordination of other nominated regional campuses. This includes the allocation of staff, room set up and communication to students and local staff.
- Working alongside all Senior Student Records Officers to ensure Student Records are maintained in compliance with BPP’s policies as well as satisfying the requirements of external and validating bodies and such as the UKVI, QAA, SRA and BSB.
- Maintaining an accurate, central record of information on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and additional University platforms. Ensuring student information is consistent, reliable and relevant.
- Responsible for the implementation of effective processes for student and staff queries via the online queries portal and central mailbox.
- Assist with the internal resource planning and operation of HESA Returns.
- Reporting on registration statistics to internal (senior managers) and external (regulatory bodies) stakeholders and the distribution of reports on data quality and accuracy.
- Oversee the staff training of the Student Records Database and Student Records processes.
- Assist with the development and testing of system upgrades, i.e. Banner. Managing programme specific variations to standard processes and ensuring all staff are fully trained.
- Supervise the student query communications sent to BPP University students to ensure consistency across all BPP University Campuses and programmes.
- Represent the Student Records Team as required at meetings and events.
- Coordinating the recruitment, induction and training of new and temporary staff.
Other duties and responsibilities
- To focus on the development of the new case management system (CMS)
- To focus on the development of the new online registration system
- Managing programme specific variations to standard processes
- Complying with GDPR
- Proactively and independently developing a detailed knowledge of BPP’s regulatory framework, programmes and courses
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required commensurate with the grade of the position.
Knowledge/Experience and Skills:
Education: Qualifications & Training
- A degree or equivalent level qualification
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Sector
- Knowledge of Banner or a similar student information system
- Experience of planning, prioritising and organising team tasks and staff to meet deadlines and service deliverables
- Experience of engaging staff from other teams to support service objectives
- Experience of producing reports and commentary on complex data that is easy to understand for multiple audiences
Skills and Abilities
- Proactively working with others to achieve institution objectives
- Strong Excel skills and analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change