Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions Operations
Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions Operations - Graduate and Post-Doctoral Programs Office
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions Operations reporting to the Associate Director, Graduate & Postdoctoral Affairs.
The Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions Operations will oversee the graduate admissions and initial enrollment processes for NYUAD, with an emphasis on managing a web-based application platform. Other areas of responsibility include oversight of applicant data management, document processing, official admissions and financial aid communications, and applicant support. With a passion for team-based work and clear dedication for fostering positive and collegial relationships, the Assistant Director will commit to the highest standards of professionalism, including tact, discretion and a customer service-oriented approach to the job.
Operationalizes NYUAD’s graduate admissions policies, processes, and systems, which are in early stages of development. Liaises with selected vendors to build and maintain the admissions platform. Works with academic leadership to develop protocols, detail admissions requirements, track applications, and relay decisions. Generates yield and other applicant statistics. Consults with university stakeholders on financial aid and scholarship allocations. Collaborates closely with the Graduate Academics & Engagement Manager on recruitment and prospect development strategies, and with the campus Registrar for matriculation support. Liaises with academic departments, technology specialists, administrative units, and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth admissions experience.
This varied role requires the exercise of independent judgement and initiative, strong administrative and technical skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Strong attention to detail in a high-stakes environment is needed.
Admissions and Enrollment Operations
- Research, develop plans for, and implement a web-based admissions application system
- Manage the graduate admissions website, in collaboration with other university stakeholders, to ensure content is appropriate, accurate, and updated
- Consults with program directors and faculty on review of application files and reaching admissions decisions
- Monitors application processing to ensure maximum efficiency in speed and quality of decision making
- Provides initial review and analysis of applications to determine students' initial standing within the admissions process based on file status, grades, academic integrity, etc.
- Investigates and addresses application issues
- Drafts official admissions communications to applicants
- Monitors provisionally admitted students for adherence to specified conditions
- Regularly informs leadership on admissions and enrollment activity, and identifies solutions for problematic admissions matters
- Coordinates graduate matriculation processes with the Office of the Registrar
- Coordinates financial aid allocations with the Office of the Bursar
Policy and Procedures Oversight
- Reviews and makes recommendations to amend relevant admissions policies, procedures, or regulations
- Participates in the development of new standard operating procedures and work flows
- Develops, updates, and maintains office procedures on a regular basis, as part of the continuous improvement process
- Consults with program heads to ensure the validity of admissions planning guides
- Regularly reviews website, academic program sheets, and other material to ensure they are up-to-date
- Stays abreast of local and international developments affecting graduate admissions, including accreditation requirements, visa regulations, higher education trends, etc., and briefs university leadership as needed
- Manages graduate admissions projects to maximize business efficiency and maintain competitive advantage
- Assists in preparation and implementation for special events, including but not limited to: information sessions, open houses, graduate orientation, and commencement
- Develop and present data reports and analyses pertaining to admissions, prospective and admitted students, and other data in support of senior staff strategic planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborates with the Graduate Academics & Engagement Manager to support recruitment planning
- Provides regular data analysis of prospects and enrollment activity
- Facilitates applicant communications
- Educates self and other staff on new programs and program development, student services, and faculty work in order to ensure ongoing communication about these topics to prospects
- May participate in recruitment events both on and off campus, including open houses, information sessions, orientations, candidate weekends, professional conferences, and college fairs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- High degree of technical facility with admissions software
- Master’s degree
- A thorough professional understanding of graduate admissions, for master’s and/or PhD programs, including experience working effectively in an admissions role and managing technical systems
- Knowledge of launching and maintaining an online admissions portal
- Knowledge of student data management, analysis, and privacy
- Knowledge of current topics in higher education, particularly those connected with admissions and fair access
- Experience evaluating international qualifications
- Experience managing staff
- Minimum 3-5 years working in a Western/US-style university setting
- Experience working with graduate students or graduate programs strongly preferred
- Experience interfacing with registrar for initial matriculation and enrollment
- Experience designing/implementing financial aid packages
- Experience working with diverse, international constituencies
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.