The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Department of Chemical Engineering, founded in 1961, is a growing department with focus on the triad of - Life. Energy. Environment. Our department focuses on making an impact on the key environmental, technological and biological questions of our time. We believe chemical engineering holds the key to a healthier, cleaner and more efficient world, and a better tomorrow for all. Read more about our cutting-edge research and the people driving the change at https://cheme.stanford.edu/
The Department of Chemical Engineering, is seeking an Administrative Associate to provide administrative and operational support to our department, faculty and students under limited supervision. Reporting to the Executive Assistant and the Director of Finance and Operations, this position is critical in supporting our mission: to seek solutions to important global problems and educate leaders who will make the world a better place. You will provide support to a large volume of diverse clients and perform a broad range of simultaneous duties.
Your responsibilities include:
- Representing the Department and/or Office of the Faculty Members by being the first point of contact to respond to inquiries, determining and taking appropriate action as required
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. Providing accurate and timely processing of financial transactions, transaction verification and award reconciliation.
- Provide general office support, including (but not limited to) ordering and maintenance of office supplies and lab requirements, assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate laboratory requirements, office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
As one of the world’s premier research institutions, Stanford University has launched hundreds of initiatives solely for the betterment of humanity. Here, we are committed to fostering a workplace culture that promotes diversity, collaboration and professional growth. We offer career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives.
At Stanford University, not only are you part of an exceptional team that values innovation and education, but you also become part of a culture that brings out the best in you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 83698