Senior Lecturer (Data Analytics)
SENIOR LECTURER (Data Analytics) NUS SCALE (Executive & Professional Development Unit)
The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers our mission to be a leading global university, as well as fulfil our role as a public university of Singapore, shaping the future.
SCALE aims to provide youths, executives and corporations access to NUS’ suite of innovative, world-class Continuing and Lifelong education offerings, to stay relevant and ahead of competition.
Drawing on unparalleled access to the multi-disciplinary expertise of 16 other NUS Faculties/Schools, SCALE offers youth, executive and professional development/training programmes, part-time degree programmes, as well as modular courses that may be taken singly or stacked towards certificates/diplomas/degrees that meet the lifelong learning needs of the individuals. All programmes are designed and developed in consultation with the industry to ensure relevance and currency.
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join our Executive and Professional Development (EPD) Unit. Reporting to the Dean, and with functional reporting to Vice Dean (EPD), the incumbent shall develop, review and deliver executive education programmes/seminars related to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Data Analytics and Applied Statistics to professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs), as well as provide support in outreach activities.
The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade, based on the individual merits of the candidate.
This role is offered on a 2-year renewable contract basis; renewal is subject to satisfactory on-the-job performance of the incumbent, and demand for the assigned Programmes.
Remuneration is on a fixed 24-month salary package, with regular employee benefits such as leave, medical and insurance coverage.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate, design, conduct and administer programmes, workshops and seminars as assigned
- Liaise with Content Managers and clients in determining training needs such that course materials are designed and contextualised to achieve desired learning outcomes
- Devise training strategies and create training materials, including testing and reviewing created materials
- Monitor and assess learners’ work, invigilate examinations
- Source for and harness resources for instructional technology
- Provide credible training consultancy services for SCALE’s clients
- Participate in business development, marketing and promotion activities of assigned programmes
- Research and stay current on the state of the art in artificial intelligence/data science/analytics practice
- Supervise and coach training assistants in supporting training sessions
- Carry out administrative duties as required
Academic & Professional Certification
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, or an IT-related discipline from a reputable university
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in advanced data analytics and data visualisation
- Sound technical experience with applications like Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Tableau and QlikSense, as well as coding using R and Python, preferred
- Exposure to data mining, machine learning, deep learning, big data, artificial intelligence, simulation and deployment of production data science models an advantage
Experience & Attributes
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in the teaching of adult learners, especially professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs), with at least 3 years in a similar capacity
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present and explain difficult concepts clearly, concisely and in plain simple English
- IT savvy and proficient in information systems and data analytics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate, analytical and meticulous with strong administration skills
- Results-driven, self-motivated and highly disciplined
- Strong team player, able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Resilient, resourceful with good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ambiguous work environment
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV stating the expected monthly salary, together with a copy of all academic certificates, to email@example.com before August 31, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview, and shall be requested to complete other administrative formalities before the interview.
Apply for Senior Lecturer (Data Analytics)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore
- Fixed Term General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore