John Garlick Chair in Business Science
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is a research-led, strongly internationalised university, and the only one in Africa included in the Times Higher Education Supplement’s Top 200 world universities. We invite applications for the John Garlick Chair in Business Science, to be filled in the discipline of Marketing. This full-time permanent appointment will be made at the level of full Professor in the Marketing Section of the School of Management Studies.
The School of Management Studies is a vibrant and interdisciplinary department in the Faculty of Commerce. The School strives to emulate the university’s vision of creating an inclusive and engaged research-intensive Africa-centric environment. The School aims to support our students in attaining their academic aspirations and prepare them for their professional and working lives after graduation. Similarly, the School aims to provide its staff with a supportive working environment where their careers can grow and flourish.
The Marketing Section has experienced significant increases in demand for Master’s and Doctoral studies and is therefore searching for a senior academic with experience in postgraduate supervision who can provide strategic leadership and guidance in the discipline.
The School offers:
- a world-class and fully resourced teaching environment;
- teaching loads and an institutional climate which support research activities;
- collegial working environment;
- access to research funds.
We expect candidates will be able to:
- provide academic leadership in the discipline of Marketing;
- supervise research in Marketing at the master’s and Doctoral levels;
- lead substantial research projects in Marketing and maintain a distinguished record of scholarly publication; teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- provide leadership in socially engaged activities;
- contribute to the Faculty’s transformation agenda; and
- promote collegiality and work collaboratively.
- a PhD in Marketing or related discipline;
- a distinguished record of publications in the field of Marketing;
- experience in innovative teaching practice;
- proven track record of peer mentoring;
- demonstrable experience in leading socially engaged activities.
For more detailed information about the position, please contact Associate Professor Suki Goodman (email@example.com).
The annual remuneration packages, including benefits, is R1, 237 822.
To apply, please e-mail the documents listed below in a single pdf file to Ms Abigail Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc);
- Letter of Motivation; and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Please ensure that the position title and reference number are indicated in the subject line of your email.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and will be required to do assessments as part of the selection process.
Telephone: 021 650 1673
Reference Number: E19245
Closing date: 15 July 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.